Aldo & Rachel Colombini are presenting their Farewell Lecture and Ring 211 in Grand Rapids was one of their stops as well as Ring 210 in Ann Arbor and Ring 212 in Bay City. It was an evening of magic, anecdotes, comedy, and entertainment . . . plus friendship, fellowship, and fun.
Rachel emphasized that in a performance it is the effect which is of importance and not the method.
Each took turns performing and explaining.
Rachel presented the following:
- Zodiac Code
- a card prediction using three cups and three different colored silks
- an ESP card routine in which the chosen card was matched by two other pairs
- Reversed Gilda System, three predictions of colors of cards and three piles match the prediction
- her Tri-color Cups & Balls Routines with the balls being of tissue and each ball was unwrapped from the final ball.
Aldo presented the following among his “belly-aching” humor:
- An Empty Envelope, a card and envelope prediction
- Cutting A Rope In Three, a cut and restored
- vanishing thumb tip, from their Gag Buster DVD
- Five Card Mystery — a black card vanishes as one keeps eliminating a red card and replacing a black card
- Ring Off Knot On Rope
- Ring Off & Onto Rope
- Jumbo Six Card Repeat taking three small cards away — gag
- News Brief, another gag
- a Houdini card penetration in which the deck is rubber banded and wrapped in foil and a hanky
- Jumbo Prediction
- Restless Colors, a color changing cards with the climax being the Aces
Rachel closed the lecture with a poem reminding us that whatever our skill level is make sure that the magic trick or routine one performs has the outcome of being extremely entertaining.
For a full line of magic tricks, routines, DVD’s, and publications from Aldo & Rachel visit their web site at www.wildcolombini.com and explore.
Ring 211 thanks both Aldo and Rachel for a splendid lecture and highly recommends them to any club for their farewell lecture.