On Monday, September 17, at 7:30 pm, Ring 211 will host The Fielding West Lecture at Brann’s Steakhouse (click the link for map).
Fielding West is not only a magician’s magician but he possesses that very rare and impeccable sense of comedic timing that has landed him the opening spot for some of the biggest names in show business. A winner in the prestigious Desert Magic Seminar’s Comedy Magic Competition, Fielding has opened the show for such A-List celebrities as Liza Minnelli, Glen Campbel, Earth, Win and Fire, Mel Tillis, Phillis Diller, and dozens more.
His numerous network television appearances include spots on The Smothers Brother’s Comedy hour, A&E’s An Evening at the Improv, Caroline’s Comedy Hour, and NBC’s The World’s Greatest Magic and World’s Wildest Magic specials.
Fielding has also worked as a writer, magic consultant and technical director with Lance Burton, Siegfried and Roy on many of their TV specials. Fielding’s first one hour comedy magic special “Hocus Pocus it’s Fielding West” aired on WGN.
Fielding’s lecture covers wide areas of magic and comedy with NO cards.
- The Fielding West finger ring vanish and reappearance
- Large coin tricks
- New uses for a thumb tip
- Unpublished dye tube techniques taught to Fielding by Dai Vernon
- All of his balloon tricks (published and unpublished), swallowing, and how to pull a fully inflated 260Q from your mouth at any point in your act, and how to produce a fully inflated balloon from a bag of balloons
- DOVE magic – Fielding makes and sells Johnny Thompson’s “Wings of Warsaw” dove production (with his permission) and teaches how to produce several other inanimate objects from the same harness for the none dove workers
- The Fielding West glass of liquid production
- Fielding’s techniques for developing comedy from common magic props
- Fielding’s head painting routine
- Staging techniques for performing more professionally
Fielding’s lecture is filled with laugh provoking comedy and strong magic. You will find the lecture extremely entertaining as well as very informative.