In April Ring 211 (June Horowitz/John deVries Magic Club) in Grand Rapids, Michigan hosted two lectures. One was Boris Wild on April 27. Two days later was Daryl. Ring 211 highly recommends both of these magi to lecture to your club.
This was the first time that Boris lectured to our club. He is one of the most renowned French magicians in the world. He is an international performer, author, creator and lecturer. He was on the cover of the April 2008 issue of The Linking Ring. Find more on Boris Wild at his web site http://www.boriswild.com.
Highlights of Boris’ lecture:
- Three card routines using the Boris Wild Marked Deck — finding the chosen card as the twenty-second card, a card prediction, and then utilizing this with the Invisible Deck
- Traveling Kiss
- Perfect Open Prediction
- Any Card At Any Birthday
Boris strives to perform a routine in which the magi can eliminate all possibilities of how it can be done and the magi finishes absolutely clean. He described his Marked Deck in great detail as all the routines he performed. He had available for sale what he performed as well as his lecture notes (PDF file) and his book “Transparency.”
This was Daryl’s third time presenting a lecture for us. He is “down to earth” and his excitement for performing magic is beyond Planet Pluto. World Champion Magician, Daryl, is internationally acknowledged as “The magician’s Magician.” He is much sought after, world-wide, as a professional performing magician, lecturer, and keynote speaker. He has invented magic for many famous TV magicians and brings people some of the finest, most practical magic in the world. In fact, the vast majority of the magic performed and explained in his lecture used simple, ordinary objects. Visit Daryl at his web site http://www.daryl.net.
Highlights of Daryl’s lecture:
- Comedy Surprise Torn & Restored Paper Routine (“Cup of Mystery”)
- Odd Quad
- Rope Through Neck
- Ropes Through Body
- An Impromptu Chink-a-Chink Routine
- Dai Vernon’s Climax to a Dice Routine
- Cards Into The Fourth Dimension And Back!
- Impromptu Card Rise (Rising Card from Envelope)
- Impromptu Cup and Ball Routine
- He devoted a few minutes on Theory and Principle and provided examples: The Effect-less Method, A New Effect for a Standard Classic, and his “First Magic Trick.”
- Passage of Thought! (Crossed Thought)
- Acrobatic Knot (his favorite trick)
His lecture was filled with great magic, great information, and great answers. He had available for sale in addition to what he performed: Essentials In Magic DVDs, Fooler Doolers 1, 2, 3 DVDs, 3 Card Monte DVD, Audio Transposition, Bounce/No Bounce, Squeaker Gimmick, Rainbow Ropes, Double Crossed, Hyper-Bent-Elation, Princess Card Trick, Dice Set, his 4FXII Lecture Notes, plus packet of previous notes.
Our club thanks both Boris and Daryl for their fantastic lectures including our lecture chair Dave Bogdan for obtaining this “double-whammy!”